ENRICHED AIR (NITROX) SPECIALTY
This specialty is one of the most used by divers all around the world. When diving with regular air, we are breathing 21% oxygen and 79% nitrogen just as we are breathing at surface every day. At the time we start diving and descending beneath the surface, this blend gets more and more concentrated and it actually sets some limits in the time we are diving due to the saturation of nitrogen, this is the reason why we have to end the dive, so we can off gas the nitrogen absorbed.
Nitrox or enriched air nitrox as it is known, has a higher mixture of oxygen and a lower amount of nitrogen, this difference gives us various benefits while planning and executing our dives.
This specialty is mainly theoretical as we don´t really need to perform any special skill while underwater. All the knowledge and skills you need to know are performed on land, so you can choose from getting the license now and start diving with nitrox some other time. During this specialty, we include two dives so you can start observing the benefits right away!
(Prices are in U.S dollars)
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Guided ToursCamping Trek
Activity Level Moderate
Group Size Small Group
You will be asked to read and answer the questionnaire on your manual before you start the course with us. This is important as you need to manage the knowledge and the independent study at your own pace. Once you have done this, you will spend the first half of the day with your instructor reviewing the information and expanding the knowledge, making some tank analysis and answering the final exam.
Once you finish with the theoretical part, you will go with your instructor to plan and execute two dives in the reefs along Playa del Carmen.
We can also plan some dives in cenotes, but you have to agree this with us previous to the reservation as we need to be sure the availability and recalculate the price of the service.
- Be 10 years old or older.
- Minimum diving license certification of open water diver.
- Sign medical questionnaire (if there is any “yes” on your medical questionnaire, you will have to bring a medical clearance fit for diving)
- Sign waivers.
What to bring?
- Bathing suit
- Dry clothes
- Pocket money for lunch and snacks
- Nitrox manual
- Professional instructor
- Transportation (with insurance) from and to your hotel (if the hotel is located within the distance between Puerto Morelos to Puerto Aventuras).
- 1 theory lesson
- 2 dives in the reef
- Certification fee once you meet all the performance requirements.
- Drinking water on the boat.
- Equipment rental.
- Food and snacks.
- Any additional day not described in the itinerary.
- Additional complement in case you want to dive cenotes instead of the reef. (ask your instructor for this option)
- If your hotel is located out of the range, over distance charge for transportation will be 10 usd for the entire group.
Pick up time will be 7:45 am, and your instructor will take you to the diving facility. There you will have your theory lesson for about two or three hours. At the same place you will have the option to have lunch and some free time to relax. The boat will be waiting for you at 12:00 pm to do two dives on the reef. You will be back on land around 3:30 pm and we will take you back to your hotel.
If you want to rent any piece of equipment will be:
Regulator: 5 USD
BCD: 5 USD
Wetsuit, fins and mask: 5 USD
Computer: 5 USD
If your hotel is northern from Puerto Morelos or southern from Puerto Aventuras, we still can pick you up. The extra charge will be 10 usd for the whole group.